Only 20 kilometers from the Dresden city center, there is one of the most beautiful gardens of Saxony: the Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden. With its wide staircases, exotic plants, numerous water features and more than 60 Baroque sandstone sculptures, the area invites you to stroll and linger.
- Full rate 5,00 EUR
- Reduced rate 4,00 EUR
- Full rate: EUR 5.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 4,00
- Children aged between 6 and 16: EUR 1,00
- Group rate (15 people and more): EUR 4.00 per person
- Seasonal ticket Baroque Garden (per person and year): EUR 8.00
- Guided tour surcharge of EUR 2.50 per person minimum, however, EUR 35.00 (60 min)
Subject to modifications.
Benefits with the schloesserlandPASS
| Reduced rates apply to enter special exhibition |
| Free admission to the park |
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (18 km)
By city rail
- S1 Meißen – Dresden – Pirna – Heidenau – Königstein – Bad Schandau – Schöna or
- S2 Dresden Flughafen – Heidenau – Pirna
- exit Heidenau Grosssedlitz; follow the signposted trail (red dot) up the hill. (about 20 min)
The Elbe cycling path runs directly past the city rail stop Heidenau Grosssedlitz. Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden is signposted; follow the signposted trail (red dot) up the hill. (about 20 min)
- via A17, exit Heidenau and further along B172 towards Bad Schandau, follow the signposts in Heidenau turning right to Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden (The road is quite narrow for tour buses at some points!)
- via B172
from Dresden: Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden is to the right of the road, follow the signposts in Heidenau or Pirna
from Bad Schandau/ Festung Koenigstein: Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden is to the left of the road, you may not directly turn left in Pirna - please, turn right towards the town center (Zentrum) and follow the road to "all directions" ("Alle Richtungen") back to the B172, which you cross heading for Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden; in Heidenau you may only turn left near Moebelhaus Bastian (brown touristic signpost, very small and easy to miss!)
from Weesenstein Castle (coming down the Mueglitz River valley): head for the B172, turn right at the big traffic light crossing via Bad Schandau and follow the signposts
There's a parking lot immediately at the park entrance. Free toilets on site, close to the park entrance.
Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden
Parkstraße 85 | 01809 Heidenau
Property of State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony, non profit
+49 (0) 3529 5639-0
November 01, 2017 to March 25, 2018
March 26, 2018 to October 31, 2018
- daily: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- please note: In October we´re closing at 5:00 pm due to dusk
Subject to modifications.
Find your way through the park
Here you find a Map
The Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden is accessible for people with disabilities to a limited extent only. A few areas of the Baroque garden cannot be reached by wheelchair users.