Only 20 kilometers from Dresden city center is one of the most beautiful gardens of Saxony: the Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden. With its wide staircases, exotic plants, numerous water features and more than 60 baroque sandstone sculptures, the area invites you to stroll and linger.
- Full rate 2,50 EUR
- Reduced rate 2,00 EUR
- Full rate: EUR 2.50
- Reduced rate*: EUR 2.00
- 2 adults and up to 4 children**: EUR 6.50
- 1 adult and up to 2 children**: EUR 3.50
- Group rate (15 people and more): EUR 2.00 per person
- Groupe rate for pupils: EUR 1.50 per person
- Annual ticket: EUR 8.00
- Full rate: guided tour surcharge of EUR 2.50 per person
- Reduced rate*: guided tour surcharge of EUR 2.00 per person
Subject to modifications.
Benefits with the schloesserlandPASS
Reduced rates apply to enter special exhibition
Free admission to the park
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (18 km)
By city rail
- S1 Meißen – Dresden – Pirna – Heidenau – Königstein – Bad Schandau – Schöna or
- S2 Dresden Flughafen – Heidenau – Pirna
- exit Heidenau Grosssedlitz; follow the signposted trail (red dot) up the hill. (about 20 min)
The Elbe cycling path runs directly past the city rail stop Heidenau Grosssedlitz. Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden is signposted; follow the signposted trail (red dot) up the hill. (about 20 min)
- via A17, exit Heidenau and further along B172 towards Bad Schandau, follow the signposts in Heidenau turning right to Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden (The road is quite narrow for tour buses at some points!)
- via B172
from Dresden: Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden is to the right of the road, follow the signposts in Heidenau or Pirna
from Bad Schandau/ Festung Koenigstein: Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden is to the left of the road, you may not directly turn left in Pirna - please, turn right towards the town center (Zentrum) and follow the road to "all directions" ("Alle Richtungen") back to the B172, which you cross heading for Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden; in Heidenau you may only turn left near Moebelhaus Bastian (brown touristic signpost, very small and easy to miss!)
from Weesenstein Castle (coming down the Mueglitz River valley): head for the B172, turn right at the big traffic light crossing via Bad Schandau and follow the signposts
There's a parking lot immediately at the park entrance. Free toilets on site, close to the park entrance.
Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden
Parkstraße 85 | 01809 Heidenau
+49 (0) 3529 5639-0
April to October
- daily: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
November to March
Subject to modifications.
The Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden is limited accessible. Only some areas of the baroque garden can not be reached for wheelchairs.