How to get here
Grosssedlitz is about 20 kilometres from Dresden city centre, in the direction of Saxon Switzerland. Located between Heidenau and Pirna, in the Grosssedlitz district of Heidenau, about 90 metres above the Elbe, it is an idyllic, somewhat hidden and thus ideal place. Augustus the Strong would often stop here on his journeys to Koenigstein Fortress.
- S1 Meißen-Dresden – Pirna – Heidenau-Königstein – Bad Schandau-Schöna
- S2 Dresden Flughafen - Heidenau-Pirna, alight at Heidenau Großsedlitz station, then about 20 minutes by foot up the hill, following the directions on the map. (Red point)
- The Elbe cycle path goes directly past the railway station Heidenau-Großsedlitz. On the cycle path is a sign pointing to the Baroque Garden. (See above for further details)
- Parkstraße 85, 01809 Heidenau
- By car
Drive to the B172 and carry on in the direction Bad Schandau. In Heidenau please follow the signs, turning to the right to get to Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden (this way can be too narrow for buses!).
On the motorway access road in the direction Pirna, after passing under the bridge turn right onto the B172, right again until you come to the traffic lights, where you turn right again in the direction Grosssedlitz. The entrance sign to the town is “Heidenau,” and not “Großsedlitz“!
- Coming from Dresden: The Baroque Garden is to the right of the B172.
In Heidenau or Pirna follow the signs (see above!)
- In Pirna it is not possible to turn left towards the Baroque Garden. Therefore in Pirna please turn right towards the town centre, then continue in “Alle Richtungen” (“all directions”) to the B172, cross here and continue in the direction of Grosssedlitz.
- In Heidenau it is only possible to turn left at Möbelhaus Bastian.
- In the direction Radeberg/Pillnitz. Across the Sachsenbrücke bridge after the bridge continue along the B172 in the direction Bad Schandau and follow the signs (see above!).
- From Weesenstein Castle: Drive through the Mueglitztal valley until you come to the B172, turn right towards Bad Schandau at the main traffic light junction, and follow the signs (see above!).
The car park is directly at the entrance to the park.